At AusStyle Asbestos Services we take safety seriously. We abide by the Work Cover Industry Code of Practice
What is an Industry Code of Practice?
An approved industry code of practice is a practical guide to achieving the standard of health, safety and welfare required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 (the Act) and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 2001 (the Regulation) for a particular area of work.
An approved industry code of practice should be followed, unless there is an alternative course of action which achieves the same or a better standard of health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
In summary an approved INDUSTRY CODE OF PRACTICE:
- gives practical guidance on how the required standard on health, safety and welfare can be achieved in an area of work
- should be followed, unless there is an alternative course of action which achieves the same or better standard of health and safety in the workplace
- can be used in support of the preventive enforcement provisions of the Act
- can be used to support prosecutions for failing to comply with or contravening the Act or Regulation.
AusStyle Asbestos Services Safety Policy
The AusStyle Asbestos Services team will endeavour to:
• Comply with statutory legislation and codes of practice relating to safety and welfare at work;
• Ensure that all management, employees are adequately, informed, trained and equipped to carry out their work in a safe manner;
• Ensure that all employees are made aware of their duty to co-operate with this policy;
• Ensure that this policy is reviewed on a regular basis and that relevant amendments are brought to the attention of all employees and contractors.
To view the Work Cover – Safe Work Asbestos Code of Practice